Joffre Lakes Hike
Every year, I try to plan a hike for my birthday, this year it was 3.5hrs north of Vancouver, past Whistler, past Pemberton at Joffre Lakes. I have only done this hike in the winter and it was lovely to see the turquoise waters unfrozen, the rivers rushing and oh yes, the throngs of mosquitoes (excuse me, I've got to scratch a bite.....ahh, that's better).
Alison, Tanya, Duncan, Emily and Geoff were brave enough to join us on this adventure.
Crossing the boulder field
More from the boulder field crossing....
The view of the 2nd lake (oh yes, there are three gorgeous lakes on the way up)
Crossing the river

6 Comments:
Awesome Ness...it certainly looks different in the summer!! Happy belated birthday by the way...I had planned on calling you, but um, something came up....
Happy belated b-day!! Beautiful area and photos...
You guys are living life on the West Coast to the max... I can smell the chlorophyll from here. Beautiful shots! Hey, I know of a calendar company that accepts submissions for scenery photos; you should contact them.
I'm such a turd! I forgot your birthday this year, although I'm hoping that timely birthday card from last year makes up for it??? Oh well, I'll try again next year. Looks like you had a beautiful birthday hike! May following year be just as lovely as that day ; )
Shameem
Happy Birthday Vanessa! What a great way to celebrate and with the perfect backdrop too. It's great that you make the most of the beautiful surroundings in gorgeous BC. Nick is making note of all the places you mention for our next trip there. Hmm...better get me some hiking boots!
Hey Nessa - It's a bit late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You look great and are obviously enjoying life to the fullest! Good for you! Love, Joyce
Post a Comment
<< Home