Suburban Rush
Adventure racing just outside of the city (thus the "Suburban" title) consists of a 10km trail run and a 20km mountain bike route. My friend Dean is the brains behind this event and Chris & I volunteered 3 years ago for the frist event. Last year I joined the leadership team and helped get the prizes together and did the MC bit at the start and finish line. I did the same this year but the exciting part was that Chris and our friend Duncan raced the event!! They weren't looking to place but did extremely well coming in 45th out of 130 teams. Here are a few photos from the big day:
Pre-race
Yes, this is me "testing" out the army net to make sure that it was safe for the racers......I tested it out 3 times to ensure the highest of standards. It looks like I'm biting my lanyard but actually my stealth like moves from getting up from under the net are creating this effect.......ahem.
Tanya & I (both volunteer lifers for Suburban Rush) were awaiting our boys arrival at the finish line.
Chris at one of the checkpoints along the route.
Making their way to the army net & tires just before the finish line.
The boys crossing the finish line
A little hug after crossing the finish line.
Post-finish smile - I think that he's very proud to of returned to his wife in one piece.
Duncan (Australia) & Chris (UK) entered as team "Permanent Residents" (that's their status in Canada as landed Immigrants).
5 Comments:
Keep posting...it is great to read about your life on the west coast.....
Okay, that looks like way to much fun. Hopefully I can talk Red into doing it next year! Y
GO! PERMANENT RESIDENTS!!!
Can you hear me cheering from the prairies?
GO! GO! GO!
(oh! maybe I shouldn't say that, they might think I want to leave Canada...oh dear, I need to change my cheer)
STAY! PERMANENT RESIDENTS! STAY! STAY! STAY!
Congrats to your "back in one-piece" hubby! That is quite an accomplishment.
Hey Vanessa, I just noticed on your archives that May 2006 was when you started your blog.
So I had a look to see when your blog's birthday was.
It was 3 days ago, on May 8th, your blog's one year old birthday.
Congrats!
Happy Birthday NomNoMor!
Big cheers for the Permanent Residents!
Post a Comment
<< Home