Nomadic No More

Monday, April 23, 2007

The Chief - 2nd Peak

A colorful rock on the way up
The view of Squamish from the top
Chris enjoying the mountain views

A few weekends ago Chris and I hiked up the Chief (a popular hike in Squamish, BC) and ran down Eco-Challenge style. I think that we frightened a few people.......my shoe got stuck in between a rock and a stump and CAME OFF mid leap. THAT was a little bit embarassing! That's what I get for showing off, I guess. However, that's not all I got for showing off - I couldn't walk for 3 days as my quads and calves were SCREAMING!! I had to go to the gym to "loosen up" the day before my run with the girls from work....it wasn't a pretty sight.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Chief!!! Such a great area:) "Trail Runners" heh?! I never got that?! Well besides the get fit and healthy thingee ...We are even slower than ever because Solon likes to stop and smell the skunk weed, choose carefully rocks to carry to the next water spot and well of course look everywhere but where his feet are going and then he lands on his bottom:) Oh yeah...this is your blog;) Love the rock pic!!

6:16 a.m.  
Blogger Erica said...

What a beautiful trek!

8:18 p.m.  
Blogger Margaret said...

I really admire your out-doorsyness! I bet the view makes it so worth it, even if your poor legs and feet pay the price for the next few days. Ouch!

3:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home