Nomadic No More

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Christmas in Bowser, BC

As you can see the red apron really made its' rounds this year - there was so much fantastic food! We didn't even have to run the oven off of the generator as the power only FLICKERED/threatened on Christmas Eve Day due to a(nother) wind storm.
  • Here's Dad, openening his stocking to find some green hoochies (fishing lures - nothing more!)
  • Mom, cooking her famous German Pancakes.
  • Chris, cooking the turkey
  • Mom, opening her "Naptime" door hanger. When I bought it, the sales clerk told me, "Isn't it cute? Not just for babies!" I laughed and said "Good thing because it's for my mother!"



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK.... Reality Check.... I see that your Dad finally lost the three hairs he had the last time I saw him. Your Mom still looks the same except there is something growing from her!!! A Stove???? When the hell did that happen??? Messy Nessy you look awesome and as always great to hear from you. Nice to sort of kinda meet you Chris!!! LMAO

Lesley

9:43 a.m.  
Blogger Margaret said...

You're making me hungry - look at the size of those pancakes!!! They look delicious (as does the turkey, which Chris looks like he's about to jump head-first into!). What a yummy Christmas dinner!

Love the 'naptime' door hanger for your Mom. I'd love one too.. Oh that's right - there's no such thing as sleep when you have a four-month old baby!

What did you get for Christmas?

(I'm enjoying all your blog updates!)

5:05 p.m.  
Blogger Mama Bear said...

Okay....How do you make those pancakes...recipe, technique gimme!

11:01 p.m.  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Yes, those pancakes have been in our family for a while....we love 'em! Here's the recipe:
GERMAN PANCAKES by Mommy Laboobeay
4 eggs
1 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 c flour
2/3 c milk
2 tbs soft butter
heat over to 400C.
Butter well, two 9" pans.
Put eggs into blender container, cover and process at STIR (low) until light yellow in colour.
Push MIX (med) button, remove cover and add remaining ingredients.
Process until smooth
Pour into pans.
bake for 20 mintues.
reduce heat to 350C.
bake for 10mins.

9:01 a.m.  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Margaret - yes I can only imagine that "naptime" doesn't exist for you anymore! But you're superhuman, able to power yourself on zero hours of sleep and 5 kitkat bars!
Hmmm, what didn't I get?? We got spoiled for Christmas! I would have to write a novella to list them all!!

9:04 a.m.  
Blogger Mama Bear said...

I am making them this weekend!!! I hope I can pull it off...

9:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home