Winter Visitor
Pepere (my dad's father) has been "visiting" my parents since January. This is the third winter that he has escaped the cold of Winnipeg for the rain of the island. Chris and I have been able to go over the Island to "visit" with him a couple of times. He leaves this Thursday and I'm sad to see him go and hope that he'll be back again next year.
Here is the definition of "visit" from dictionary.com:
vis·it /ˈvɪzɪt/
1.
to go to and stay with (a person or family) or at (a place) for a short time for reasons of sociability, politeness, business, curiosity, etc.
Here is what actually happened:
ren·o·vate /ˈrɛnəˌveɪt/ 1.
to restore to good condition; make new or as if new again; repair.
2.
to reinvigorate; refresh; revive.
Mom and Dad's house is unrecognizable, Pepere "visited" so incredibly hard that:
- the kitchen is now a hallway
- the bathroom lost a door, gained a new one from the hallway
- the ceilings have been lowered
- there are stairs leading to the second floor (it was a bungalow!)
- new w i d e r front door
- new plumbing
- new electrical
- old pink insulation gone, new green stuff installed
- new cabinets, new counter tops
- cement poured for work shed out back (that happened in the only 5 hour period that it wasn't raining. Yes, in the past 2.5 months! See below....
rain forest
–noun
a (tropical) forest, usually of tall, densely growing, broad-leaved evergreen trees in an area of high annual rainfall.
That isn't everything - just highlights!
We had a great visit with Pepere, he has a fun sense of humor and obviously allot of energy! Here's a photo from his birthday...
Here's a photo from another era:


6 Comments:
Well, it was definitely worth waiting (almost) 2 months for you to update your blog, Vanessa!
Aren't your parents lucky to have Pepere around for all those tricky home reno jobs! Do you think he would be interested in 'visiting' us in Australia? We've got plenty here to keep Pepere busy for at least a couple of months. Swap the rain for the humidity? Great update and love the photos!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Margaret,
My apologies for the lengthy time taken since prior blog-update. I shall attempt to remain current :-)
I asked Pepere if he's interested in your offer to "visit".....um ya, his response was "AUSTRALIA! By the time I got there I'd be dead" Apparently, his stipulations are 3 hours by air or under.
Good luck with your renos in your new home!!
Wow!! I am so impressed with Pepere:)Umm Victoria is not so far away!
So that is where you get your musical talent from, I'd always wondered about that!
Sounds like mom and dad got their money's worth out of Pepere.
Good job!
Rick,
LOL! What musical talent are you refering to?! Didn't I ever tell you that I never memorized my music in band and when we went to cometitions - I would just move my fingers around (and wouldn't blow!)
Oh yes, Pepere did a fantastic job!! He's moved on to another project in Anola.
Post a Comment
<< Home