Mom and Dad's birthdays are 2 days apart and in 2006 they enjoyed a celebratory weekend in Tofino, BC. It was a perfect stormwatching weekend filled with walks on the beach and fabulous views from their hotel room balcony. So November 2008, Chris and I took Mom out to Tofino to celebrate her birthday. We stayed in a log cabin near the ocean (but everything is near the ocean in Tofino) and had a great time! We had lunch at SOBO's in downtown Tofino - that's short for sophisticated bohemian. We walked down MacKenzie Beach, we inhaled the chlorophyll, went for drinks at Long Beach Lodge and watched
the surfers take on the big waves.....it was really lovely.
Here are a few snaps from our weekend.

Our cabin from the jacuzzi.


There's nothing that says HAPPY BIRTHDAY like organic chocolate cake from Capers!!

Chris & I in matching robes (these belong to the cabin - they are not ours, really)

Mom enjoying the fire as seen from the loft

Mom tucked in to her bunk bed - ok there's a story here....we had planned on sleeping in the bunk beds and giving Mom the double bed in the loft. However, I was still on crutches and the loo was upstairs so for "safety sake" Chris and I scored the bedroom in the loft :-)

View from Long Beach Lodge - look it's raining! What a surprise (psst it's a rain forest).

Chris sampling a fine whiskey at Long Beach Lodge.

For anyone who was wondering how we inhale chorophyll - this is how...

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME - slippery, wet, mossy rocks + crutches = not a good combo. No other ligaments were severed in this walk.

The birthday girl & I on the beach. It's raining.

At Long Beach Lodge

Look! More rain! Chris & Mom.

Here is proof that I do cook - even with mangled knee. Here I am cooking pancakes & what I thought was apple sauce. Turned out that the apple sauce tasted TOXIC - turns out the chilli powder was right beside the cinnamon........guess which one I put in the apple sauce!? This is why Chris doesn't share the kitched with me very often.

The birthday girl relaxing in the living room....ahhhh.
2 Comments:
That was such a memorable birthday; ChrisNess always know the perfect way to celebrate. Thank you soooooooo much.
I'm sure dad was with us in spirit, but hopefully not in his bathrobe, warm jacket, toque & slippers combo! I don't think St. Peter would allow it...dress code you know!
How lovely! I personally think that St. Peter lets you wear whatever you darn well please up there, and hopefully walk around with a extra big slurpy cup full of tequila, whiskey and coke.
Post a Comment
<< Home