Nomadic No More

Monday, December 04, 2006

Shots from Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal





Mom took the ferry from Vancouver Island on Saturday to spend the day in Vancouver (I know, I was surprised too!! She doesn't often cross the Georgia Straight). We had a lovely brunch at home with my in-house cook, Chef Waterman. We then went to see a stage production of "A Christmas Story" which was fantastic as it stayed so true to the film version - we were laughing alot and I left all warm and fuzzy. You know the movie - "You'll shoot yer eye out!" We enjoyed dinner on a covered and heated balcony with blankets on our legs. It was very cozy with all the candles and twinkle lights....ahhh, it was a great day. Thanks for coming over Mom!

4 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Did the production have the leg lamp with the fish-net stockings on it?
That lamp is the highlight of the movie for me!
As well as ....Fa ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra!
Classic!

:)

12:35 p.m.  
Blogger Mama Bear said...

Sounds like a wonderful visit...
Made me feel warm and fuzzy too!

8:16 p.m.  
Blogger Margaret said...

Ah yes, Chef Waterman - a very fine chef indeed.

Your weekend sounds like the perfect start to the holiday season. The best I have managed so far is hanging a wreath on the front door...

[insert child-like wailing] And I wanna go see A Christmas Story too!

- Margaret

10:24 p.m.  
Blogger Okanagangirl said...

Ah,thank you Ness for a wonderful day in the big city. the brunch a la Waterman was delicieux, so glad I could skip the 'Sunshine Breakfast' on the ferry. The production was excellent & yes the leg lamp was there (a factory in Florida still makes them if you'd like Santa to order one for you Erica). What a terrific early Christmas present from V - transport, brunch, show & dinner. Wow! I could get used to that. How blessed I am to have such a great kid & kid-in-law. I promise I'll come back again for a girls day in Yuppieville.
love, mommy.

7:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home