The Underwear Affair


On Saturday 8-July, I ran, along with my friends/team-members, Tanya & Duncan in The Underwear Affair. Underwear, you ask? Yes, BC Cancer Foundation wanted to EXPOSE the truth about cancers "below the waist". Tanya told me about the event shortly after her father was diagnosed with bowel cancer, we decided to put a team together and train for the run. It was a bit late in the game to get a full 12 week program under our belts but on Saturday it all came to light that we'd done well. Only in week 7 of our training we ran in intervals throughout the event, 10 minutes running and 1 minute walking. We crossed the finish line in 1 hour and 18 minutes - well below what I originally though. Chris estimated that it would take us 2 hours (thanks for the vote of confidence, honey!), Tanya thought perhaps 1.5 hours and I had no clue (being new to this and all). This time seemed to fly by, especially when my Grouse Grind work friends caught up with us on the trail and kept us going for a few kms!!
Did I mention that we ran dressed in grass hula skirts, flower lei's, and flower bras (yes, even Duncan joined in!)
The best part of all is that together we raised almost $2000 for Cancer Research!! WooHoo!! We're getting ready for next years' event and we're looking to expand our team (hint, hint).

3 Comments:
Yeah for you Vanessa!!
And ...uh I thought I was looking at the wrong blog at first 'cause thats a whole lot of blogging of late...
:-)Donna
Well done Vanessa! That is a fantastic result and for such a good cause too.
And Happy Birthday to you! I hope you have a great day and a wonderful year ahead.
Love all the photos in your blog - Seattle looks great (it rained the whole time we were there and Nick and I seem to have an innate ability to find the seedy side of town wherever we go)... Next time you will have to be our tour guide.
And I love the picture of you looking down - gorgeous hair style! You two make such a cute couple too.
Keep blogging, we really enjoy reading your blog.
Way to go!
I am very proud of you!
By next year, you'll be running it in 45 minutes!
It sounds like you are in good shape, good on ya!
Post a Comment
<< Home